cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: is it possible to connect dropbox business account and user account with one app?

is it possible to connect dropbox business account and user account with one app?

zainulabd786
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have one app created in my dropbox developer console, Currently, this app allows a user to connect the Business account, but I also want enable Individual users to connect their dropbox with my app, Is it possible with one single app or do I have to create separate apps for both?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

In that case, it sounds like you do want access to both Dropbox Business API functionality (to list and access all members of the team) if it is a Business team, as well the Dropbox API functionality, if it's not a Business account. In that case, yes, you would need to register and use two apps: a Dropbox Business API app as well as a Dropbox API app.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Exactly how you should set this up depends on what exactly you want to enable for your app.

If you want any kind of Dropbox account to each be able to connect to your app, you should register a "Dropbox API" app with the "app folder" or "full Dropbox" permission. Whether or not the end-user has a Business account, they will be able to connect to that app, and use the Dropbox API functionality.

If you want to access the Dropbox Business API, for functionality specific to Dropbox Business accounts, you would need to register a "Dropbox Business API" app. Only Business teams would be able to connect to that.

(It's only if you wanted both, i.e., the individual access for any kind of account, in addition to the Business-specific functionality access for just Business teams, would you need to register both types.)

zainulabd786
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

You mean I will have to create two apps in my app console? One for Individual users and one for Business users

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

This depends on what piece(s) of functionality you want exactly. Can you elaborate on what you want to build?

For example, if you just want to interact with the files in the end-user's account, you just need one "Dropbox API" app with the "app folder" or "full Dropbox" permission. That can be used by both Business and non-Business accounts.

zainulabd786
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Okay let me explain what my app is doing, If a user has a business account and they signup into my app then my app would store the information of all team members to provide multi-user sign-in functionality, and all user should be able to interact with files and folders on dropbox, but if a user has an individual account then there will be simple file interaction of a single user. 

Basically, if a user have a business account My app will surely make use of business API but if it's an individual user account it will make simple use of Dropbox API

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

In that case, it sounds like you do want access to both Dropbox Business API functionality (to list and access all members of the team) if it is a Business team, as well the Dropbox API functionality, if it's not a Business account. In that case, yes, you would need to register and use two apps: a Dropbox Business API app as well as a Dropbox API app.

Need more support?