cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: list_shared_links and list_folder_members pagination

list_shared_links and list_folder_members pagination

rk90
Helpful | Level 5

As per the API doc,  /2/sharing/list_shared_links does not return has_more attribute but cursor. What's the purpose of returning cursor? Is there a possibility that the result may span across several pages? Do I have to call /2/sharing/list_shared_links again with cursor inside the request body to ensure I have gotten all shared links created by a user?

/2/sharing/list_folder_members also returns cursor, but the document says that cursor will be returned if there are additional shared folder members that have not been returned. In such case I should call /2/sharing/list_folder_members/continue. Why not return the has_more attribute here?

1 Reply 1

DBX_Robert
Dropbox Staff

In "/2/sharing/list_shared_links", your assumption is correct.  If a cursor is returned, then addtional API calls to `/2/sharing/list_shared_links` are required to load all of the shared links for the user.  Be sure to include the cursor from the previous response in the subsequent request to load the additional link information.

As for why `/2/sharing/list_folder_members` has a separate `/continue` API endpoint and includes a "has_more" field, while `/2/sharing/list_shared_links`.  This is simply an inconsistency in our API design.

Need more support?