cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add account to workgroup

ACCESS_CODE_GENERATED

vas1992
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello. I have 2 Dropbox accounts. Working and testing. I have created a script to upload files to the cloud. While trying to get a passcode, I came across an error message: "Log in to your work account first." I tried with two accounts. From test and main. Unsuccessfully! Can you explain to me what's wrong? Or advise how can I get a long-lived access token?

https://www.dropbox.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=<APP_KEY>&token_access_type=offline&response_type...

Снимок экрана от 2022-12-13 19-17-36.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@vas92 As Здравко mentioned, it sounds like you have one or more "team" scopes enabled on the app you're attempting to connect. The "team" scopes enable access to Dropbox team-specific functionality, and so can only be authorized by Dropbox team admins. If your account is not on a Dropbox team, you won't be able to authorize an app with team scopes and will instead receive such an error.

You can modify the scopes enabled for your app on the app's page on the App Console.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

vas92
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I follow the link, substituting my key, an account login form appears. I enter my username and password. I enter. The message "Sign in to your work account!" appears. What is this problem? This was not the case a week ago! I have 2 dropbox accounts, if that matters...

https://www.dropbox.com/oauth2/authorize?token_access_type=offline&response_type=code&client_id=<App key>

vas1992
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Can't add account to workgroup

After filling out the registration form for the joining account, a message appears: "First, log into the workgroup account"!

Снимок экрана от 2022-12-14 10-25-52.png

vas92
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I follow the link, substituting my key, an account login form appears. I enter my username and password. I enter. The message "Sign in to your work account!" appears. What is this problem? This was not the case a week ago! I have 2 dropbox accounts, if that matters...

https://www.dropbox.com/oauth2/authorize?token_access_type=offline&response_type=code&client_id=<App key>

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@vas92 wrote:

... The message "Sign in to your work account!" appears. What is this problem? ...

Hi @vas92,

Seems you are trying to link team scoped application to non team account (personal account). 😜 That's the your problem.

@vas92 wrote:

... This was not the case a week ago! ...

Have you changed something in your application' scopes in meantime (added some team scopes by any chance, including unintentionally)? 🧐 If you want to use team scopes, you need to use team account (including for test), unfortunately. There are some feature requests about possibility to test team application on individual account, but no any move by Dropbox yet. 🤷

Hope this clarifies matter.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @vas1992, thanks for reaching out to us today.

I understand you're trying to pair a Dropbox Business account with an individual one.

Can you open a different browser or a private browsing window, sign in to either the Business account or the personal one and follow the steps here, to see if they help?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@vas92 As Здравко mentioned, it sounds like you have one or more "team" scopes enabled on the app you're attempting to connect. The "team" scopes enable access to Dropbox team-specific functionality, and so can only be authorized by Dropbox team admins. If your account is not on a Dropbox team, you won't be able to authorize an app with team scopes and will instead receive such an error.

You can modify the scopes enabled for your app on the app's page on the App Console.

Need more support?