cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add upload function to IOS app

Add upload function to IOS app

Pixona
New member | Level 2

I am looking to build an app with a simple upload function that allows users to select files from there phone and upload them to my dropbox folder with my own GUI and without the dropbox upload and confirmation screens. Do I need access to the API or is there another work around? Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Pixona! I’ve gone ahead and moved your post to the developer section of the Forum; you might get more relevant responses here. :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Dropbox does offer an API you can use for uploading and downloading files, among other operations. The API was designed with the intention that each user would link their own Dropbox account though, in order to interact with their own files. It is technically possible to connect to just one account like you describe, but we don't recommend doing so, for various technical and security reasons.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?