cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Api v2 dropbox.files_upload_session_finish offset error

Api v2 dropbox.files_upload_session_finish offset error

Yashik
Explorer | Level 4
problem is the offset of files_upload_session_finish , I am using the content length for the offset but it is giving error

Code:
import dropbox,requests,sys
def down(url):

dbx=dropbox.Dropbox(AccessToken)

size=45*1024
a=0
i=0
p=0
params = {'':'', 'render':'download'}
r=requests.get(url,params=params,stream=True)
clen=r.headers['Content-length']

for chunk in r.iter_content(chunk_size=size):

if chunk:
i+=1
a+=len(chunk)
c=a/(1024)
print('\n'+str(c)+' of '+str(clen))
if i==1:
strtid = dbx.files_upload_session_start(chunk)
cursor = dropbox.files.UploadSessionCursor(session_id=strtid.session_id,offset=len(chunk))
commit = dropbox.files.CommitInfo(path='/sourttt',mode=dropbox.files.WriteMode('add'))
if ((int(clen)-p))<=size:
cur=dropbox.files.UploadSessionCursor(session_id=strtid.session_id,offset=int(a))
dbx.files_upload_session_finish(chunk,cur,commit)

else:
dbx.files_upload_session_append(chunk,cursor.session_id,a)
p=a

url='https://speedtest.ftp.otenet.gr/files/test100k.db'
down(url)

Error:

dropbox.exceptions.ApiError: ('281cb346aa41adc8436f415fc4d0de0a', UploadSessionFinishError('lookup_failed', UploadSessionLookupError('incorrect_offset', UploadSessionOffsetError(correct_offset=138240))))

The content length is 100Kb(102400) but the error showing me the correct offset is 138240 and the difference between those are 35Kb . What should I do for offset value in files_upload_session_finish
?
2 Replies 2

Yashik
Explorer | Level 4

Is there any way to use ```<pre>``` tag on my code so the code could be more understanding

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Yashik It looks like you had some trouble with the forum's spam filter and so made this extra thread. I'll close this one and resume the conversation on your original thread so we can keep that in one place:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/General-Discussion/Dropbox-v2-upload-cursor-offset-confusion/m-p/288...

And yes, the forum's "Rich Text" editor has a code button you can use to get code formatting. The button has a label like "</>".

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Yashik Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?