cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Apps folder name seems to be localized

Apps folder name seems to be localized

bolddp
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I'm living in Sweden, using an English Windows, and is currently building an application that uses the Dropbox folder API integration, e.g. when a user authorizes my application to access Dropbox, a dedicated folder is created in Dropbox at /Apps/<my appname>.

However, when a beta tester, also living in Sweden and using a swedish Windows, performed authorization the path instead was /Appar/<my appname>. Appar is a literal translation of Apps to Swedish.

I find it unlikely that the beta user has customized this folder name, since he's not a power user AFAIK. Could you confirm that the folder name is localized automatically, and in that case provide a list of what different names users in different countries will encounter? I need this info for when localizing the instructions around how the user authorizes etc.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, Dropbox does localize the "Apps" folder name depending on the locale set on a user's account. 

Dropbox does not offer official documentation with the full list of the localizations for reference unfortunately, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be documented though. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, Dropbox does localize the "Apps" folder name depending on the locale set on a user's account. 

Dropbox does not offer official documentation with the full list of the localizations for reference unfortunately, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be documented though. 

Need more support?