Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Apps folder name seems to be localized

Explorer | Level 4

I'm living in Sweden, using an English Windows, and is currently building an application that uses the Dropbox folder API integration, e.g. when a user authorizes my application to access Dropbox, a dedicated folder is created in Dropbox at /Apps/<my appname>.

However, when a beta tester, also living in Sweden and using a swedish Windows, performed authorization the path instead was /Appar/<my appname>. Appar is a literal translation of Apps to Swedish.

I find it unlikely that the beta user has customized this folder name, since he's not a power user AFAIK. Could you confirm that the folder name is localized automatically, and in that case provide a list of what different names users in different countries will encounter? I need this info for when localizing the instructions around how the user authorizes etc.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Apps folder name seems to be localized

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Yes, Dropbox does localize the "Apps" folder name depending on the locale set on a user's account. 

Dropbox does not offer official documentation with the full list of the localizations for reference unfortunately, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be documented though. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Apps folder name seems to be localized

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Yes, Dropbox does localize the "Apps" folder name depending on the locale set on a user's account. 

Dropbox does not offer official documentation with the full list of the localizations for reference unfortunately, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be documented though. 

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?