cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Building a approval process in DropBox

Building a approval process in DropBox

ryoryo_sochan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

We are considering electric approval proccess* and wonder if it is available such service in dropbox

with standard service or not.

And also let me ask that, if such service is not available, Can we build by ourself with API provided by dropbox ?

Approval proccess generally means, subimit and approve a certain document in dropbox

and  left those evidence electrically and automatically. And if available, if ceratin document submitted by a drafter,

sending mail notice to a certain approver system is desiable.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I don't believe Dropbox offers a pre-built workflow like what you describe, if I understand your description correctly, but Dropbox does offer an API you can use for listing, uploading, and downloading files, among other operations. You could use that to build out your workflow and integrate it with Dropbox. You can find everything you need to get started with the Dropbox API, including documentation, tutorials, and SDKs here: https://www.dropbox.com/developers

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I don't believe Dropbox offers a pre-built workflow like what you describe, if I understand your description correctly, but Dropbox does offer an API you can use for listing, uploading, and downloading files, among other operations. You could use that to build out your workflow and integrate it with Dropbox. You can find everything you need to get started with the Dropbox API, including documentation, tutorials, and SDKs here: https://www.dropbox.com/developers

ryoryo_sochan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks for your helpful comments and it became clear!

pksmith
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi @ryoryo_sochan, I  am curious if you were able to get a dropbox approval process up and running? We are in the same situation.

Need more support?