cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: CORS error on any endpoint

CORS error on any endpoint

Anton P
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

After successful authorization and getting the token I try to test it by fetching basic '/user' endpoint and I always get CORS error. Chrome Browser.

1) with preflish request:

pic1.pngpic2.png

2) Without preflight request:

pic4.png

What am I doing wrong, please help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anton P
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

OK, I figured that out. Silly mistake. Appears that 'api.dropboxapi.com/2/check/user'

is a POST method while I was sending a GET request. The mistake would be avoided if the documentation stated that it's a POST message instead of just specifying that in a curl example which I haven't looked at.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Anton P
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

OK, I figured that out. Silly mistake. Appears that 'api.dropboxapi.com/2/check/user'

is a POST method while I was sending a GET request. The mistake would be avoided if the documentation stated that it's a POST message instead of just specifying that in a curl example which I haven't looked at.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Can you share the full error output for reference?

Looking at the screenshots though, I do see two things that should be corrected:

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It looks like our messages just crossed. I'm glad to hear you already sorted this out, and thanks for the feedback!

Need more support?