cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Chooser ResultType.FILE_CONTENT not returning ContentResolver uri

Chooser ResultType.FILE_CONTENT not returning ContentResolver uri

Tushar1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Recently I obsering that ,  even when   ResultType.FILE_CONTENT is used  , the returned Uri is in the https:// format instead expec ContentResolver format. This breaking my apps functionality .  Any suggetions ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox Chooser now correctly returns local file links again for ResultType.FILE_CONTENT as of the latest version of the official Dropbox Android app, v114.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report! We'll look into it.

Tushar1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Greg.

Let me know if you have any inputs here.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

We're still investigating, and I'll follow up here once I have an update. Thanks again!

testpradeep24
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yes I am facing the same issue on Mobile Redmi Note 5 Pro. This issue occurs on this device only, it is woking fine on other devices.

Tushar1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

As per our investiagtion , it was/is working correctly up to app version "107.1.6 "  and broken in latest version.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the additional information! A fix for this is tentatively planned to ship in an update to the Dropbox Android app next week. I'll follow up here once I have news on that.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox Chooser now correctly returns local file links again for ResultType.FILE_CONTENT as of the latest version of the official Dropbox Android app, v114.

Tushar1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for updates.  Tried my use case , and yes it's working as expected. 

Need more support?