cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dopbox token validity

Dopbox token validity

ALGOS
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello
We have a web application where user can load files, and this are then loaded to dropbox
To access my Dropbox account, I have a non-expiring token, so far everything is working fine but I saw in your documentation that you are no longer offering these non-expiring tokens.
So, my question is, should I change something in my side? will the current non expiring token continue working?
Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

While the option for creating new long-lived access tokens is no longer available, we don't currently have a plan to disable existing long-lived access tokens. (If that changes, we will of course announce that ahead of time.) That being the case, you can continue using existing long-lived access token(s) without interruption, if you have any, but you won't be able to create more.

You can find more information on this migration here. Apps can still get long-term access by requesting "offline" access though, in which case the app receives a "refresh token" that can be used to retrieve new short-lived access tokens as needed, without further manual user intervention. You can find more information in the OAuth Guide and authorization documentation. There's a basic outline of processing this flow in this blog post which may serve as a useful example. If you will ever need to get new long-term authorizations, you would need to update to use this functionality instead.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

While the option for creating new long-lived access tokens is no longer available, we don't currently have a plan to disable existing long-lived access tokens. (If that changes, we will of course announce that ahead of time.) That being the case, you can continue using existing long-lived access token(s) without interruption, if you have any, but you won't be able to create more.

You can find more information on this migration here. Apps can still get long-term access by requesting "offline" access though, in which case the app receives a "refresh token" that can be used to retrieve new short-lived access tokens as needed, without further manual user intervention. You can find more information in the OAuth Guide and authorization documentation. There's a basic outline of processing this flow in this blog post which may serve as a useful example. If you will ever need to get new long-term authorizations, you would need to update to use this functionality instead.

Need more support?