cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox API check test connectivity

Dropbox API check test connectivity

Michal5
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, 

I am using dropbox-sdk-java and Using method to check connectivity to Dropbox in this way

DbxRequestConfig config = new DbxRequestConfig("my-app");
DbxClientV2 client = new DbxClientV2(config, "my_token");
client.check().user("test").getResult();

If I have the full permission (whole dropbox) test is working fine as it should but when I create "App Folder" permission it does not work and it gave me this error:

com.dropbox.core.BadRequestException: Error in call to API function "check/user": Your API app is an "App Folder" app. 
 It is not allowed to access this API function.

which means that for "App Folder" permission I cannot call the test connectivity. My question is why ? I just want to make test connectivity to dropbox and it does not what permission I have. It is bug or this is how it is supposted to be? 

I see in Check app that this endpoint does not support apps with the app folder permission but I why it is a problem with this kind of permission.

Thank you for your answer.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

That's correct, this API endpoint does not currently support apps with the app folder permission. I can't speak to why any particular feature was or wasn't implemented, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

That's correct, this API endpoint does not currently support apps with the app folder permission. I can't speak to why any particular feature was or wasn't implemented, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

Michal5
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank for now I used 

client.files().listFolder("")

and it works for full and app permission 😉

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for following up. I'm glad to hear you found a workaround. I was just about to follow up here with some good news actually. We were now able to implement and enable app folder app support for the check endpoints. That should be rolling out now, so you should be able to use the check().user method from your app folder app now. Hope this helps! 

Michal5
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

That's amazing. Thanks for your good news.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Michal5 Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?