cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox API

Dropbox API

Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

1. I develop application in vb.net to send file to Dropbox using Dropbox API.
  2. how to automatic get access token with dropbox login and password. also dropbox folder selection where file to be sent.                          I use the below code that I have some error  pls send sample project to automatic get access token with dropbox login and password. also dropbox folder selection where file to be sent.

Note:

Pls reply soon ASAP

s2.jpgs1.jpg

3 Replies 3

Re: Dropbox API

Dropboxer

If you're using .NET, we recommend using the official Dropbox API v2 .NET SDK. That comes with several example apps.

To get an access token for a user, you should send them through the OAuth app authorization flow. The SDK will do most of the work for you, as shown in this example. Your app should never handle the user's username and password directly.

If something isn't working as expected, please share the steps to reproduce the issue, as well as the full error or unexpected output.

New member | Level 2

hi sir,

1. we would like to open dropbox user to keyin their login credtials

Screenshot_1.png

2. Get the access token

3. use this access token to upload file to the signed user dropbox account

Dropboxer

Yes, the Dropbox OAuth app authorization flow allows you to prompt the user to sign in to Dropbox to authorize your app, resulting in an access token you can use to upload files. Please refer to the links in my previous comment in this thread for information on how to implement that.

If something isn't working as expected, please share the details of the issue so we can help.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?