cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox OAuth2. How to do it?

Dropbox OAuth2. How to do it?

3d_Schorsch
Explorer | Level 3
Hello I would like to use OAuth2 from Dropbox and use the Dropbox login for my Nextcloud (social login). For this I need the following information:

- Authorize url
- Token url
- Profile url

Can anyone help me out here?
Thanks
2 Replies 2

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @3d_Schorsch,

For more info about how you can initiate authorization process, you can take a look here (including how to prepare your authorize URL). There is no such things like token  URL or profile URL. It's your responsibility to organize your users profiles. About the tokens, they are result of the authorization process. You can relay on online token only (short term access, access token), when your code accessing user's Dropbox profile will live in users side browser only, or can use offline token (long term access, refresh token - together with the access one), suitable for server-side dealing with the tasks. On the same page, I just referred to, can be seen most of the access points usable for user's profile access and you may be interested in /2/openid/userinfo especially, and /2/users/get_current_account can be useful too.

Good luck.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@3d_Schorsch In addition to the information Здравко helpfully provided, if you're interested in using Dropbox's OpenID Connect support for authentication for your site, be sure to read our OpenID Connect Guide.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?