cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 403 error code in download

Get 403 error code in download

YK0820
Explorer | Level 3

I'm using Dropbox to download files from developing embedded devices. The devices use HTTP range request for split download due to hardware limitation.

・I changed the download link from dl=0 to dl=1.
・First, the device access to the download URL with range header, and get redirect URL. From redirect URL, the device receive split files with HTTP 200 status code.
・Secondly, the device access to above redirect URL with another range header, and occur download error with HTTP 403 status code.

Why receive 403 error code? How can I correct this issue?

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I see you opened this in API section of the forum, but this issue doesn't appear to be related to the API itself. (You don't seem to be referring to calling the actual Dropbox API, but rather are interacting with Dropbox shared links directly.) I'll try to offer whatever help I can though.

I tried to replicate the scenario you described here, just using curl, and it seemed to work for me. Can you share a sample set of requests/responses showing the issue so I can take a look?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?