cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to distinguish whether it is old or new with only the Revision ID?

Is it possible to distinguish whether it is old or new with only the Revision ID?

오부경
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

hello.

When a very complex task is performed in a short time, a lot of changes information using listfolder comes in at once, so I want to use RevisionID to distinguish whether it is previous or not.

In the Revision ID obtained from listfolder, I want to distinguish whether this RevisionID is old or new by comparing it to the RevisionID I already have.

Could this be possible?

I wonder if it is possible simply by String Compare or if I have to cut off a part of the ID and turn it into a number.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No, the "rev" value, e.g., as returned by /2/files/list_folder[/continue], is an opaque revision identifier. It can be used for a strict equality check with other rev values, but it's not meant to be modified, and shouldn't be used to attempt to determine if a rev is older or newer than another.

For information on how to monitor changes using the Dropbox API, please refer to the Detecting Changes Guide.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No, the "rev" value, e.g., as returned by /2/files/list_folder[/continue], is an opaque revision identifier. It can be used for a strict equality check with other rev values, but it's not meant to be modified, and shouldn't be used to attempt to determine if a rev is older or newer than another.

For information on how to monitor changes using the Dropbox API, please refer to the Detecting Changes Guide.

오부경
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thank you for your answer.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

오부경 Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?