cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is it possible to have more than one developer working on an app?

Is it possible to have more than one developer working on an app?

obiefernandez
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My partner and I are both programmers and are trying to collaborate on an app idea that uses the Dropbox API. I created the app and have been managing its settings like webhook URLs and stuff like that, but I would like him to also be able to manage the settings. However, I don't see any way of sharing that kind of admin privilege with him. If he goes to the URL  of the app it tells him that only the app owner can manage settings. Is that really a hard limitation? Hard to believe I'm the first one to run into this, but couldn't find anything else about it online.

Thanks,
Obie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Unfortunately, it's not possible to add additional owners to an app, or allow other accounts to view/configure an app's settings, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

We can transfer API app ownership upon request, but it would still only be owned by and accessible to one account at a time.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Unfortunately, it's not possible to add additional owners to an app, or allow other accounts to view/configure an app's settings, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

We can transfer API app ownership upon request, but it would still only be owned by and accessible to one account at a time.

obiefernandez
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Ah that's a bummer. Hope it gets fixed soon.

jeff00coder
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

In Box, Google, and Microsoft: they allow web apps to have multiple owners (aka collaborators).

Why does not Dropbox?

The advantage of multiple owners is if something should happen to the original owner (left company, disabled, etc...) then there would be no need to perform transfer of ownership.

I have requested this feature before 2 years ago, and still unfortunate that Dropbox still has not address this most basic feature that is has been provided Box, Google, and Microsoft for years.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@jeff00coder I see you also posted this in a new thread, so I'll follow up with you there: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Discuss-Dropbox-Developer-API/Why-does-Dropbox-not-support-multiple-...

Need more support?