cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Naming "Dropbox timestamp"

Naming "Dropbox timestamp"

ADoncel
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello,

I would like to suggest an addition in the Dropbox API documentation, because in nowhere it is clear that the argument is a Dropbox timestamp not a Unix timestamp. Also, there is no documentation about "Dropbox timestamp" or what it refers to, at least not in the Python API, because of this I cannot know the format of it, or accepted values.

So, when you try what I know for timestamp, you get this error ValidationError: expected timestamp and got interger, since timestamp is not a type on Python I didn't know what was "timestamp", because for me as for any developer in this world, I suppose, the type timestamp makes reference to Unix timestamp, if you only mention that word, so I would change that ValidationError to be a bit more specific.

I just though it was interesting to make it clear for everyone.

Thank you for your time.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the feedback! I'll ask the team to clarify this in the documentation.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the feedback! I'll ask the team to clarify this in the documentation.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?