cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Remove/filter File-Request feature-request

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I've read in other discussions, that it is not possible to permanently get rid of file requests. I understand that this is how databases have to work, but to just keep extending the list is not a good option either. So i would like to suggest the following: Implement a way to filter and/or tag File-Requests (at least for the Api, because that's more important to me right now). That way the Database doesn't have to really delete anything but users/apps still get the option to not see and list all the old stuff.

Also this would allow for the added bonus of not having to squeeze the old stuff through the internet when the list is requested.

Hopefully I was able to convince a few of the developers... Please at least let me know if this sounds doable. Tanks!

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Remove/filter File-Request feature-request

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Another way to not keep lengthening the list of file requests would be to recycle them by updating the path & name and just reactivate the request. Unfortunately this would allow every person, who has previously used this request id to see* & upload data to the new request, which is not an option for this applciation. Just mentioning that...

*see the request, not the data

Highlighted

Re: Remove/filter File-Request feature-request

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the feedback! I'm sending this along to the team.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?