cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP Integration

SFTP Integration

SC2006
New member | Level 2

Hi there,

I need an application/interface/etc to retrieve from dropbox (i.e. we want to upload from Dropbox to a remote SFTP server). Essentially, we want to have a third party retrieve data/files on dropbox via SFTP. Is this possible? If so, how?

THX

6 Replies 6

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Dropbox doesn't offer an SFTP interface, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

Dropbox does offer an API  that works over HTTPS though that you can use to programmatically upload and download files, among other operations. You can find everything you need to get started with the Dropbox API, including documentation, tutorials, and SDKs here:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers

mp_chicago
New member | Level 2

Note sure if you are looking at CSV files but if you are you can do this with EasyCSV.io. You create an import page & scheduled fetcher to get the file from Dropbox and have an import page you set up push the file up to the SFTP server you specify. Full disclosure I work for EasyCSV.

patricio quinteros
New member | Level 2

¡Buen día!

El otorgar soporte a la integración de protocolos (en este caso Dropbox-SFTP) se ha vuelto una necesidad en el mercado de las soluciones integradas a Dropbox. Es una limitación que bien pudiera resolverse.

Gracias

Alex
Dropbox Staff

Thank you all for your feedback and for the hack. This will be passed on to the product team. If you'd like you can also submit it as an idea  here https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Share-an-idea/ct-p/101002000

You might find other Community members who support your suggestion and who vote for it! 

@patricio quinteros Gracias por tu sugerencia. Puedes enviarla como idea en ese link para que asi toda la Comunidad de usuarios participe y le den apoyo. El equipo de producto revisa esas ideas con frecuencia. 

BartyNZ
Explorer | Level 4

You could use Couchdrop SFTP to turn your Dropbox into an SFTP client or server. Couchdrop's other product Movebot is Dropbox's migration partner of choice, so definitely in the right space to help!

miabruno
New member | Level 2

SFTPCloud allows you to interact with Dropbox via SFTP & FTP. Maybe this will help others who are searching for an easy solution.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

miabruno New member | Level 2
    BartyNZ Explorer | Level 4
    Alex Dropbox Staff
    patricio quinteros New member | Level 2
    mp_chicago New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?