cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SW updates via OTA dropbox failes CC3200

SW updates via OTA dropbox failes CC3200

Ingi
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,

Last week, I think about thursday 21st of October OTA updates started to fail. They have been working for years. I have turned the OTA logs on from the application side and you can see these below. I have not made ane changes in the application SW, the OTA just stopped to work.

OTA ongoing
EXTLIB_OTA_GET_OPT_IS_PENDING_COMMIT? 0
Starting OTA
sl_extLib_OtaRun: call OtaClient_ConnectServer OTA server=api.dropbox.com
OtaClient_ConnectServer: http_connect_server api.dropbox.com
sl_extLib_OtaRun: OtaClient_UpdateCheck, vendorStr=ODSIF_WIFI_36_D
CdnDropbox_SendReqDir: uri=/2/files/list_folder
metadata file=/ODSIF_WIFI_36_D/f80_sys_mcuimgA.bin, size=151320
sl_extLib_OtaRun: OtaClient_UpdateCheck, numUpdates=1
sl_extLib_OtaRun: OtaClient_GetNextUpdate: file=/ODSIF_WIFI_36_D/f80_sys_mcuimgA.bin, size=151320
OtaClient_ResourceMetadata: file flags=80,metadata flags=80
CdnDropbox_SendReqFileUrl: uri=/2/files/get_temporary_link
sl_extLib_OtaRun: ResourceMetadata CDN file URL = https://uc4e6d0a156efefbb6017fce8317.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/cd/0/get/BYrX0i1ilqyDjNZfhB6ruq2WqQAg...
_ReadFileHeaders: domain=uc4e6d0a156efefbb6017fce8317.dl.dropboxusercontent.com, file=/cd/0/get/BYrX0i1ilqyDjNZfhB6ruq2WqQAgQUan59p11LCFKOTmtQiFN3h19Kj9wkFl9u_wjeO3uAOxu6xEeEjgSpuavsL0vSydydfTE6neIuf9vgeSn6szP_y7CUMTVKSBfQYxfNlpJTE8ROwhA8WCT92hdmcu/file#
_ReadFileHeaders: skip http headers
http_skip_headers: http error code HTTP/1.1 400
_ReadFileHeaders: ERROR, http_skip_headers, status=-1
CdnClient_ConnectByUrl: ERROR, _ReadFileHeaders, status=-1
sl_extLib_OtaRun ERROR: Failed on CdnClient_ConnectByUrl
OTA run = -6
OTA: Error with OTA server
[SOCK ERROR] - close socket (82) operation failed to transmit all queued packets

Can you see what is happening here? I am usind SDK 1.5.0 and servicepack 1.0.1.15-2.13.0.2

BR

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ingi
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Wonderful, OTA tested and working. Thanks a lot for fast and efficient solution to our problem

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It looks like your client is getting a 400, but I just gave that a link a try and it is working for me. Can you print out the full request and response, including both headers and bodies, to see what might be going on there?

Ingi
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Greg,

The problem was identified from TI.

It is due to the "#" that appears now in the received Dropbox URL (in the response of the "/2/files/get_temporary_link" API) .

I have got a fix in the code so I will inplement this in it.

I have a problem though that the devices in the field cannot be updated due to this so is there any possibility from your side to remove the "#" in the URL provided in the "/2/files/get_temporary_link" response.

BR

Ingibergur

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for following up. I see you're referring to the links returned by the /2/files/get_temporary_link endpoint. Per the Dropbox API spec, the returned GetTemporaryLinkResult.link field is only documented as String without a more specific format/domain guaranteed. The exact link format/domain used may vary over time as the Dropbox implementation is updated and maintained, but the link returned should always be valid for four hours.

The implementation for that endpoint has been recently updated, for instance, to return links with a different domain and format, but the returned links are still valid. Specifically, the new format contains a "#" at the end of the link. Per the HTTP spec, the "#" is a reserved character for identifying the beginning of the "fragment" portion in a URI.

One thing we're seeing, however, is that some HTTPS client handle the "#" in the URL incorrectly. HTTPS clients are not supposed to include that portion in requests to the server, but some clients mistakenly do. If that is the issue, you can work around this by removing that trailing "#" from the end of the link before passing it to your client. (Be sure to do so in a fail-safe manner though; the Dropbox API spec does not guarantee its presence, so make sure your code wouldn't fail if it isn't present to begin with.)

I understand you are not able to deploy such an update however, because this is the mechanism you would use to do so anyway. That being the case, I'm raising this with engineering to see if we can accommodate this somehow on our side, though I can't make any promises right now. I'll follow up here with any updates on that.

Ingi
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Greg,

Thanks for following this up. As you state I cannot update devices in the field, so I hope you can do something for me.

BR
Ingi

flygecko
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

We are in the same boat.  I thought this was part of the scoped apps so I changed the app to a scoped app.  This generated a new access token.  This is bad for us.  We have thousands of devices in the field that cannot be downloaded with the newly generated access token.  Is it possible to set the access token to the token they already have?  Additionally the modified character set is a problem for us too.  Thank you for looking in to this.

Vic

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@Ingi @flygecko Thanks for following up. It looks like we're planning on removing the "#" on our side to help accommodate this. I'll follow up here if/when that is done.

@flygecko I'm not sure I follow your question regarding the access token. Note that migrating your app to scopes and/or creating a new access token wouldn't affect any existing access tokens though, so as long as you didn't revoke the old access token, it should continue working as before.

flygecko
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you for removing the #.  I did not realize that tokens live until revoked.  Thank you so much.

Vic

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Update: we're no longer returning the "#" at the end of these links.

Ingi
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Wonderful, OTA tested and working. Thanks a lot for fast and efficient solution to our problem

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

flygecko Explorer | Level 4
    Ingi Helpful | Level 6
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?