cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dbx-tools (command line tools for Linux)

dbx-tools (command line tools for Linux)

feklee
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Don’t know where else to share this, but I wrote a set of scripts for interfacing with Dropbox via the command line:

github.com/feklee/dbx-tools

dbx-tools depends on Dropbox’s own tool dbxcli.

At the moment, you can download and upload files and directories (recursively), and you can perform deletions. Newly implemented is super primitive sync™, to avoid downloading/uploading the same file twice. See the usage example in README.md.

The motivation for writing dbx-tools: I wanted to be able to conveniently interface with Dropbox from within Termux, a terminal emulator for Android.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

chirstius
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @feklee! This is definitely the right place to post utilities like this. Thanks for your submission! We love seeing the great projects, tools, and utilities, that our community creates and hope to see more of them in the future.

This is exactly the kind of content we're looking for from our super users, and I'd like to extend you an invitation to the Super User Program. Please see details on the program here and feel free to contact me directly if you'd like to participate.

Thanks!

-Chuck

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

chirstius
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @feklee! This is definitely the right place to post utilities like this. Thanks for your submission! We love seeing the great projects, tools, and utilities, that our community creates and hope to see more of them in the future.

This is exactly the kind of content we're looking for from our super users, and I'd like to extend you an invitation to the Super User Program. Please see details on the program here and feel free to contact me directly if you'd like to participate.

Thanks!

-Chuck

feklee
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Chuck, thanks for the invitation to the program!

However, please understand that I want to focus on developing the tool that I wrote. Of course, I’m happy to answer questions and react to suggestions and wishes by users, here or via the GitHub issue tracker.

chirstius
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@feklee understood. You should have gotten an email with details of the super user program. If you are interested please respond and we can get those benefits activated right away. Look forward to seeing you here in forums!

-Chuck

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

chirstius Dropbox Staff
    feklee Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?