cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Discuss Dropbox Paper

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Paper Question

Dropbox Paper Question

PacoBelan
Explorer | Level 3

I have noticed that when I try to copy text (a long report, for example) from Dropbox Paper and paste it into another program such as Microsoft Word or InDesign, the pasted version has a lot of missing spaces and other issues that have to be corrected after the fact. Is there a way to copy and paste from Paper into another program that works well? Or perhaps a specific word processor program that seems to not have those issues when used in the transfer?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox Paper Question

lukeyo
Super User

Oops - actually export is still supported. It's just not in the Paper App (which I use)

To export your paper doc as a word doc or as markdown, click three dots at top and click the last option:

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lukeyo
Super User

Hi there

I paste into a plain text editor and it works fine. That said, if your paper doc contains images tables etc you might get extra spaces.

Paper used to export as markdown, disappointingly this is no longer the case.

Luke

lukeyo
Super User

Oops - actually export is still supported. It's just not in the Paper App (which I use)

To export your paper doc as a word doc or as markdown, click three dots at top and click the last option:

View solution in original post

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

lukeyo Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?