cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Dropbox Paper with Dropbox

Integrating Dropbox Paper with Dropbox

AlexisL
Dropbox Staff

Paper is a Dropbox product, but what's the relationship between Paper and Dropbox itself? We're here to tell you! Here are the basics...

Can I access my Paper docs from Dropbox?
  • You can access Paper by clicking the Paper tab on dropbox.com or by navigating to paper.dropbox.com.
  • If you don't see a link for Paper and you use Dropbox Business, your team admin may have disabled Paper. Contact your admin to discuss access to Paper.
Sidebar.png

Can I access my Dropbox files in Paper?
  • While you can’t directly access your Dropbox files in Paper, you can link or embed a file from your Dropbox directly in a doc (for example, an image or media file):
  • 1. Click an empty line in your doc
  • 2. Click the Dropbox icon
  • 3. In the pop-up window, select the file you'd like to add to the doc.

Do I need to be signed in to Dropbox to access Paper?
  • Yes, you must be signed in to Dropbox to access Paper. If you aren’t signed in to Dropbox, you are prompted to sign in when you visit the Paper homepage.

Learn more about using Paper and Dropbox together here

How do you integrate Paper and Dropbox? Do you use both? If yes, how do you leverage both for your own work or to collaborate with your team? 

27 Replies 27

Bill A.1
Helpful | Level 7

Besides account authentication, Paper essentially acts as a separate service from Dropbox. Ultimately this is why our team is moving away from Paper. I'd like to see it actually integrated with Dropbox. We lose docs in Paper all the time as the filing system is not great. 

Paul_K
Helpful | Level 6

@Bill A.1  schrieb:

Besides account authentication, Paper essentially acts as a separate service from Dropbox. Ultimately this is why our team is moving away from Paper. I'd like to see it actually integrated with Dropbox. We lose docs in Paper all the time as the filing system is not great. 

Same here..

Jeffatuab
New member | Level 2

My thoughts exactly. Seems like Paper would be a great integration; but not if I can't get to it from my dropbox account. I'm migrating everything out of paper.

lukeyo
Super User

The integration is much tighter now with Paper 2020 paper docs live inside your dropbox folder and you can order them into subfolders etc. Finally it all makes sense : )

Bill A.1
Helpful | Level 7

Where can we find this feature?

lukeyo
Super User

Hi Bill

I thought it was rolled out this year to all new paper users, but probably not then. 

"Paper 2020 will allow you to continue to create, edit, and share Paper docs the same as you did before. We’re working hard to release Paper 2020 to all users in the near future."

When you do go onto it, your *new* paper docs will suddenly appear in the root of your DB folder, from where you can organise them at will.

Bill A.1
Helpful | Level 7

Ok very cool. This is exactly what I was hoping for with Paper. Thanks for the heads-up.

KK95
New member | Level 2

How soon before the integration of Paper and Dropbox folders.  It is difficult to navigate at this time.

Olbliss
Collaborator | Level 8

@lukeyo Paper 2020 isn't universal for all users, Dropbox in their wisdom, thought it would be better to rollout the upgrade to various users rather than a system wide upgrade. Dropbox even have allowed new customers access to te new software before existing customers. I just don't get their logic, and it certiainly isn't a customer first business model. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Bob R.4 Collaborator | Level 10
    lukeyo Super User
    slidedesignr Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?