Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Copying and pasting text from PDF to word document

New member | Level 2

I'm working with a company subscribed version of Dropbox (I believe it is the most premium version available,) and I need to copy and paste text from a pdf document that consists of scanned in images to a word document. I can't figure out how to do this. My understanding is that with the new OCR function from Dropbox this should be possible. Any help that the community can provide is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Tags (1)
1 Reply

Re: Copying and pasting text from PDF to word document

Dropboxer

Hey there @fieldresearch

Apologies for the late response. 

thinking face Let's see what we could be doing wrong with copying and pasting from the Pdf to the Word doc. 

You first need to have the PDF open using the "Open with" button we have on Dropbox.com and choose one of the available Pdf readers.

The pdf needs to be in the edit mode for you to copy text from there. For any scanned images you would need to export the image and then import it to your Word doc. 

As for the OCR function, this is a function of our mobile scanner, so not really something that can use copying from a pdf on the web to get the scanned images. This is why I suggested to save them manually. Please read more about Dropbox scanning here. iphone

If you have tried all the above steps and the copy paste option or exporting your scanned images, still does not work for you, you could try an incognito window/private browsing, another browser, clearing your browser's cache and removing any plugins. These steps will help with all types of browser refreshment issues. Pages not loading etc. 

Let me know if this was helpful! Looking forward to hearing more from you. 

Thank you in advance!

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Dropbox Paper
Community discussion

Welcome! Discussion like these allow you to get the most out of Dropbox Paper.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Copying and pasting text from PDF to word document
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post