cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Publish paper document

Explorer | Level 3

Hi! A colleague all of the sudden had a feature in dropbox paper called "Publish" - it allows for a different presentation of the paper document when viewed by the client. All comments, notes etc are removed. 

Where do I find- and use this feature? We are on the same subscription. 
Greatful for all help!

Dag-Henning

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Publish paper document

Dropboxer

Hi All!

Thanks for using Paper and expressing your interest in this.

I'm sorry to inform you that we’ve turned off the feature that lets you 'Publish' a Paper doc as a link a few months ago. 

As I had mentioned back in September, we had launched this feature to some of our users as an experiment.

For users that were already part of the experiment, note that you can still share your Paper Docs by using the Share option; you’ll just no longer see the option to Publish a Paper doc.

I hope this clears things up and we're always a post away if you have any more questions.

Once again, thanks for using Paper and helping us improve it! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Dropboxer

Hey there @daghenning - thanks for using Paper and welcome to our Community!

As you might have noticed, our dev team is currently in the process of experimenting with new features (just like the Publish mode you mentioned) in order to build the best Paper experience for all our users. While we try to ensure a consistent experience for you and the people you work with, you may sometimes see features slightly differently from others. 

That being said and as we're constantly looking for ways to improve Paper (your feedback really helps us in doing so!) I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your thougts on this and I'll let the team know about your interest in this functionality. 

If there's anything else you'd like to add, please let me know Dag!

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 4

I'm too intrested in using this feature. I've also seen this feature on my colleague's laptop.

Super User

Is this different to the 'Present' feature?

Explorer | Level 4

Yes, It has numerous benefits over 'Present' feature.

Super User

Ah, cool thanks. In that case yes it sounds like a feature being tested. Lets hope it rolls out!

Dropboxer

Hi All!

Thanks for using Paper and expressing your interest in this.

I'm sorry to inform you that we’ve turned off the feature that lets you 'Publish' a Paper doc as a link a few months ago. 

As I had mentioned back in September, we had launched this feature to some of our users as an experiment.

For users that were already part of the experiment, note that you can still share your Paper Docs by using the Share option; you’ll just no longer see the option to Publish a Paper doc.

I hope this clears things up and we're always a post away if you have any more questions.

Once again, thanks for using Paper and helping us improve it! 

Walter

View solution in original post

Dropbox Paper
Community discussion

Welcome! Discussion like these allow you to get the most out of Dropbox Paper.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Publish paper document
6 Replies
3 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post