Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

5 Comments
1 Like
Highlighted
Level 4

Computer crashed How do I sync the online 2 TB data with the new computer?

Hope someone can help me with this problem I have been trying to find a solution for 6 months now...

My computer crashed, I have the internal drives and a new computer.

Download 2 TB apppears to be be taking a lifetime.

How do I sync the online 2,9 TB data with the new computer? I am almost out of available space... I cannot delete anything that I do not need anymore online, it has to be done from a computer. But such large files downloading takes months.

ers are large Because the foldIs it possible to link the program of Dropbox to the drives I still have? 

Bussiness support could not help. Only that I can delete a bunch of files at the time in Dropbox.com, but these are millions. Some of it in folders of 2 IP-camera's taking pictures every 20 seconds for more than 2 years... 

1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Super User II

Re: Computer crashed How do I sync the online 2 TB data with the new computer?

I think then the only way will be to delete via the website but in smaller blocks than you are trying.

I believe a limit of about 10,000 files is imposed on the web. So deleting less than that at one time should work

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

5 Replies
Super User II

As you obviously have a high plan have you looked at SmartSync: https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/smart-sync ?

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 4

Thank you Mark, This is how I am trying to get a part synced on my new computer. Not to have it available, but to be able to delete it... But it takes ages and then I only can delete the IP-camera map, as this is the one being synced selectively at the moment. Not a real solution to delete a lot of the online maps I do not need anymore

Super User II

I think then the only way will be to delete via the website but in smaller blocks than you are trying.

I believe a limit of about 10,000 files is imposed on the web. So deleting less than that at one time should work

Level 4

Thank you
Super User II

Sorry I cant help more - good luck!

Dropbox Business
Community discussion

Welcome! Discussion like these allow you to get the most out of Dropbox Business.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post