cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you want to be a kinder collaborator this year?

How do you want to be a kinder collaborator this year?

AlexisL
Dropbox Staff

Happy 2019! It's time for new year's resolutions again, a double edged sword that The Atlantic comically (and not so comically) calls, "The Most Inadequate Time of The Year." As you think about the new year, I encourage you to think about how you want to be as a coworker and how you'd like to collaborate with your teammates. This Atlantic article notes that new year's resolutions are primarily oriented around weight and finance, while goals around being kinder, for instance, are rare.

What if this year we try to be kinder collaborators? I enjoy the kind spirit behind something Asana (my former employer) does at this time of year. They encourage people to #ThankATeammate with well designed digital cards, containing cheeky statements of thanks. With that, to be kinder to my coworkers this year I'd like to thank and celebrate them on a regular basis for the things that might go unnoticed. For instance, I'd like to give them a rockstar emoji in a Paper comment for something as simple as a well written sentence or as grand as a fabulous idea that got overshadowed by an urgent issue.

:star:️ How do you want to be a kinder collaborator this year? Reply below! :star:️

6 Replies 6

Andrea O.6
Explorer | Level 4

I Think the best think, even if it seems simple, is to talk with them, not leaving any thought unsaid. This will cancel any misunderstanding.

AlexisL
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for your thoughts, @Andrea O.6! I agree that being communicative is always a safe bet for reducing misunderstanding. 

renatlb
Helpful | Level 5

well I put to any of my email/message to teammates at the end "Thank you! Any questions welcome"

AlexisL
Dropbox Staff

What a great idea, @renatlb! How have your teammates reacted to this "Thank you! Any questions welcome" signature? 

renatlb
Helpful | Level 5

some of them do really ask qustions, like "some beer tonight?"

AlexisL
Dropbox Staff

How funny, @renatlb! They're really taking you up on the "any questions welcome" concept, aren't they? Looks like you're contributing to team building! :grinning:

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

AlexisL Dropbox Staff
    renatlb Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?