cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Paper and collaboration: discuss challenges and share tips

Paper and collaboration: discuss challenges and share tips

AlexisL
Dropbox Staff
Paper may be a simple and powerful collaboration tool, but we all know that things get more complicated as we work together. Communication styles and people dynamics can be complex. 

What challenges have you come across when collaborating in Paper and what have you explored to resolve those challenges? What has worked for you and what hasn't?

Let's share stories and learn from each other, so we can all be better collaborators and help our teams do the same!

2 Replies 2

AlexisL
Dropbox Staff
I thought I'd share a collaboration challenge and solution of my own! 

Challenge:
With the amount of emails and paper comments we have coming through, it's easy to let things fall through the cracks. It can be particularly easy to lose track of information when you're in a Paper doc with lots of followers. I face this challenge specifically when it comes to Paper comments. I might address someone in a comment (or vice versa) but they won't know to pay attention to it in their Paper or email notifications. This results in delays and following up with people to get the answers you're looking for.

Solution:
In a Paper doc with many people, if I need to address someone in a comment, I'll at mention them directly (ex. @alexis). This way, they'll see that they're specifically being mentioned, see notifications as such, and know to take action. Even the fact that the at mention appears in blue makes a helpful distinction that draws people's attention.

Have you all done anything similar? Do you have any thoughts or feedback about this approach?

AlexisL
Dropbox Staff

Another month, another challenge! Looking forward to hearing what you're up to and how we can help you with Paper. 🙂 

Need more support?