cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 2/team/members/list/continue API returning 500 without error information

2/team/members/list/continue API returning 500 without error information

ajv3005
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This seems to be happening for a specific batch of members. How can I not get such an error and get all the members easily ? 

"x-dropbox-request-id": [
"8e3c9c3b8b523f80e63b2164ff147732"
]

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks! That supports what I've been able to determine about this issue. It appears to be a transient issue that can occur when looking up the requested information. That being the case, I do recommend implementing some automatic retrying.

Additionally, it may help to use a lower 'limit' value when initially calling /2/team/members/list. That page size will follow through to the /2/team/members/list/continue calls as well.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report! For reference, do you consistently get the same error if you retry the same call?

ajv3005
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

When I retry the call , I donot get the error immediately but I get the same error after subsequent continue calls .

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks! That supports what I've been able to determine about this issue. It appears to be a transient issue that can occur when looking up the requested information. That being the case, I do recommend implementing some automatic retrying.

Additionally, it may help to use a lower 'limit' value when initially calling /2/team/members/list. That page size will follow through to the /2/team/members/list/continue calls as well.

ajv3005
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I shall add auto retry. However, the limit value defaults to 1000 right ? 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, the default value for the 'limit' parameter on the /2/team/members/list endpoint is 1000. You can set is as low as 1.

Need more support?