cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API Docs out of date ?

API Docs out of date ?

mrschulz
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am trying to quickly implement the v2 API, having discovered by error message that the v1 servers no longer run.

The documents I see refer to DBClientManager instead of DropBoxClientManager and the setResponse examples etc are not working.

Is this doc out of date? Is there a more up to date doc somewhere?

I am having a bit of a rough Canadian thankgivver here.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The latest version of the SDK is v3.3.3. If you're using 1.1.1, you will see the discrepancies with the current documentation you mentioned. We recommend updating to the latest version. For Cocoapods, you'lld need to run `pod update`. If your Podfile is set to require 1.1.1 (or some other version) specifically, remove the version number first (so that it looks like the sample) before the `pod update`.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@mrschulz I'm sorry to hear this caught you unaware. We notified developers by email, but it sounds like those emails unfortunately did not make it to you. If you need more time to migrate your app to API v2, we can offer an extension for access to API v1. To request that, please open an API ticket with the relevant app key(s).

Anyway, it sounds like you're referring to the official Objective-C SDK for Dropbox API v2. That documentation is up to date. What version of the SDK do you have installed? The latest version is 3.3.3. It sounds like you may be using an older version of the SDK itself. There were some renamed classes at one point.

mrschulz
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Greg

Which version of the API is the newest? I am using the Cocoapod.

In the docs, DBClientsManager is referenced, while I am using DropboxClientsManager in the code.

Furthermore, thinks like the setResponse are not there - instead I have to use 'response'

The Podfile I am using is 1.1.1 

For this pod, the example code does not compile. 

I am going to open up this ticket you suggested so I can stop panicking, my customers are locked out and I am like a day of dev time plus Store cycle away from fixing this.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The latest version of the SDK is v3.3.3. If you're using 1.1.1, you will see the discrepancies with the current documentation you mentioned. We recommend updating to the latest version. For Cocoapods, you'lld need to run `pod update`. If your Podfile is set to require 1.1.1 (or some other version) specifically, remove the version number first (so that it looks like the sample) before the `pod update`.

mrschulz
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

pod update was the key there. Derp.

Thanks for the quick response on my other ticket; I have v1 access for a few months now, but having the right pod will let me finish this quickly too.

Great response time, thanks a bunch, wish I reached out sooner.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mrschulz Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?