cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: API: List all teams and their workspaces id's in the Enterprise account

API: List all teams and their workspaces id's in the Enterprise account

olbarch
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello! 

If I have an enterprise account, can I list a summary of all of the connected teams within the account via the API?

use case:  I have an enterprise account and several teams (other dropbox business accounts ) linked with the account. I want to list all the teams and get their workspace's ids in order to traverse them later. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Each Dropbox Business team contains a number of accounts or team members, and each Dropbox account can only be a member of a single Dropbox team at a time. Even when you have access to multiple teams via the "Enterprise console", they still operate as separate teams on the API.

When connecting an API app to a team, the access token only enables access to that one team. To connect to multiple different teams, the app would need to be authorized by an admin for each, getting a different access token for each team. You can check the team information for any particular access token using /2/team/get_info. You can check the account information for any particular account (including information about what team it is a member of, if any), using /2/users/get_current_account.

The Dropbox API doesn't offer the ability to list the multiple "connected teams" like the Enterprise console does, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Each Dropbox Business team contains a number of accounts or team members, and each Dropbox account can only be a member of a single Dropbox team at a time. Even when you have access to multiple teams via the "Enterprise console", they still operate as separate teams on the API.

When connecting an API app to a team, the access token only enables access to that one team. To connect to multiple different teams, the app would need to be authorized by an admin for each, getting a different access token for each team. You can check the team information for any particular access token using /2/team/get_info. You can check the account information for any particular account (including information about what team it is a member of, if any), using /2/users/get_current_account.

The Dropbox API doesn't offer the ability to list the multiple "connected teams" like the Enterprise console does, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

olbarch
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

thank you for the answer 

Need more support?