cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API Token

Highlighted

API Token

New member | Level 2

How do I get my API token?  I want to integrate Dropbox with a software program I use for work.  It just simply says I need to get my token, but I don't know how to do that.  

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: API Token

Dropboxer

First, note that if you're an end-user of a third party app that connects to Dropbox, you generally should not have to manually retrieve your own app key or access token. The developer should register the app themselves, and build the ability to automatically get an access token for your account into the app itself. You may wish to contact the developer to ask them to do so.

However, if the developer is requiring you to get and supply an app key or access token manually for whatever reason, you can do so by registering an app here. You may need to check with the developer or third party app's documentation to determine what settings are needed for the app.

Then, once the app is registered you can see the app key on the resulting page, and/or use the "Generate" button to get an access token for your account.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?