cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API V2 Access team folders of bussines plan with Folder/Files operations

API V2 Access team folders of bussines plan with Folder/Files operations

OLR_A
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

i want to acces team folders using application user api for list,create folders, upload and download,etc.. and i'm going crazy.

In API Explorer  with function "list_folder",  only can acces user home folder, y try put in path the id of shared id,or namespace ns; does not work either,

The only way can view team folder stuff is put the shared link root, but the result of folders not contains the field path o lower_path ,that needs to files/folder operations like create folders/download/upload files etc..

Also try create folders / upload whith namespace ns: and return no write acces,the team folders have editor permissions.

I can't see any function to upload or create folders into shared folders.

I see this folders are mounted and can't unmounted it , theoricaly they would have to appear like shared folders when are mounted  when use function "list_folder"

can help me?

thnks

10 Replies 10

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@steve_r No, the Dropbox API doesn't offer a constant for the root like that, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. Note that the root namespace ID can change though, so while you can cache the value so you don't have to look it up each time, be aware you can get an error if/when it does change, in which case you would look up the new one. Refer to the documentation for more information.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    steve_r New member | Level 2
    tomkr New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?