cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API statistics v1 vs v2

API statistics v1 vs v2

mwg
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Is there a way to see how many apiv1 access is still done for an app? Currently api statistics just shows number of API calls, but not if v1 or v2 was used.
Such view would help to see if API v1 decommissioning is processing as expected ...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen C.14
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Unfortunately, Dropbox currently doesn't offer a way to track API calls based on whether they target API v1 or API v2.

I would recommend tracking API v2 adoption based on your own analytics (or the analytics of whichever service you're using to distribute your app). Specifically, I would look at the number of downloads of the particular version of your app that migrated to API v2.

Sorry I can't be more helpful here.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Stephen C.14
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Unfortunately, Dropbox currently doesn't offer a way to track API calls based on whether they target API v1 or API v2.

I would recommend tracking API v2 adoption based on your own analytics (or the analytics of whichever service you're using to distribute your app). Specifically, I would look at the number of downloads of the particular version of your app that migrated to API v2.

Sorry I can't be more helpful here.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Stephen C.14 Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?