cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: API to create custom emoji?

API to create custom emoji?

MarkHazlewood
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, I was trying to create a custom Paper emoji for my team via API but couldn't find support for this.

I tried creating a doc with a custom emoji, then downloading it through the /docs/download endpoint (as both HTML and markdown) to see if the source would provide any insights.

However, the HTML file contained a raw img link to the file on the servers, and the markdown version only contains the emoji :tag: (nothing about the image reference).

Is this possible? I'd like to create several emojis for my team as one bulk operation.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No, unfortunately the Dropbox Paper API doesn't offer a way to create custom eomji programmatically, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No, unfortunately the Dropbox Paper API doesn't offer a way to create custom eomji programmatically, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

MarkHazlewood
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks for the reply! Bummer, but understood. Would definitely love to pass that request along - API support would open up a lot of possibilities for teams to share common emojis across platforms.

ppadier
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Also requesting this feature, it would be great to automatically add emojis to Dropbox when they're added to another platform such as Slack.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the additional feedback!

Need more support?