cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APIv2 call needs X-Dropbox-Uid header?

APIv2 call needs X-Dropbox-Uid header?

Győző C.
Explorer | Level 3

Hi! I am migrating to APIv2, and stuck with this:

Error in call to API function "files/save_url": Must provide HTTP header "X-Dropbox-Uid"

In the documentation I only find that the Authorization token is needed, so there should be no changes from v1 here.

This is the request:

Method: POST Content-Type=application/x-www-form-urlencoded Authorization=Bearer <the_token_that works_fine_ with_v1> url=https%3A%2F%2Fgycsoka-dot-dev-easyling.appspot.com%2F_el%2Ffiles%2Fexports%2FuxoOpbRPopLhxHWTlbbVotXg46zQKQX1%2Fdictionary.xliff.zip&path=%2Ftranslationproxy%2F%2F40f3cy3f%2Fexport%2Fskawa.hu_et-EE_40f3cy3f_1474016958473.xlf.zip

And the response:
Server=nginx Date=Fri, 16 Sep 2016 09:09:26 GMT Content-Type=text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Length=88 Connection=keep-alive Content-Disposition=attachment; filename=unspecified Content-Security-Policy=sandbox X-Content-Security-Policy=sandbox X-Dropbox-Request-Id=95b0ab8083ce94994c12356d12da9ccc X-Webkit-Csp=sandbox Strict-Transport-Security=max-age=15552000; includeSubDomains Error in call to API function "files/save_url": Must provide HTTP header "X-Dropbox-Uid"

Please help me clear up this!
Thanks,
Győző
2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Hi Győző, are you making the request to www.dropbox.com by any chance? RPC API calls like /2/files/save_url should be made to api.dropbox.com or api.dropboxapi.com.

Also, you should be using application/json not application/x-www-form-urlencoded. There's a curl example in the documentation. The API Explorer may also be helpful.

Győző C.
Explorer | Level 3

You're absolutely right. Thanks for helping!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Győző C. Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?