cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access of entries using API

Highlighted

Access of entries using API

Explorer | Level 3

I am building a third party app for a client, the functions of the app are that with permission a user opens my APP, gives permission to my app to access a Dropbox owned by them.

My app then takes the permssion (I am assuming via an oAuth authentication) stores the personalised access token relating to that user and then makes a curl request:

curl -X POST https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/files/list_folder \
  --header 'Authorization: Bearer ACCESS_TOKEN_HERE' \
  --header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
  --data '{"path":""}'

I have no issues creating my side of the app, what I need to know is where in the app creation in the Dropbox dashboard is the section that allows me to make a token request from the given user?

Any help or pointers to similar code is much appreciated.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Access of entries using API

Dropboxer

To get an access token for the end-user, your app should implement the OAuth app authorization flow. I recommend reading the OAuth guide for an overview of how this works. You can find the Dropbox OAuth documentation here. The only thing you need to configure on the App Console is the redirect URI(s) for your app, if any.

We also recommend using one of the official SDKs, if possible, as they will do most of the work for you.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?