cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access team folders - Old Business Team Configuration

Access team folders - Old Business Team Configuration

robobooga
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I understand that with the new team spaces and namespace configurations, that we would have to use 'Dropbox-API-Path-Root' header and I've managed to get it working by setting the namespace to the root and using 'Dropbox-API-Select-Admin' to view all folders.

What I'm having trouble with at the moment is that, when I use the same code to call the API and if the particular team is using the older team spaces config, I am only getting their personal folders when I call 'list_folder' and would like to know the proper way to resolve this.

Also, would developers be able to test on business accounts with the configurations toggle-able? I only have acces to the new business team spaces config and would like to test out the older one as well.

Thanks!

11 Replies 11

Kris Brown
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Greg-db, thanks for that. We have received our accounts. But it’s not clear how to replicate our customers environment.

Are you able to help with the question below.
As we discussed, I requested the dev business account using old configuration for development testing following this form
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkzPmp9srHG9jwE3Uc0bFOwknN-rrLQWr1mf_3FGl86ydCiQ/viewform?...

and the account was granted,

I used the Dropbox API to check whether it has the same configuration similar to Company X which is a team space. However, it isn’t..
Team Space configuration will have this flag is true.

So my question is:
How can we upgrade this account to be Team Space configuration as I couldn’t find a correct document to do so.
Another question is we don’t see this feature “Click here to describe this folder and turn into a space” in any of our dropbox accounts’. Is it available in team space configuration?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I can only help with questions about the Dropbox API itself. For help accessing other features or configuring your account(s) please reach out to support from the relevant account(s) here.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Kris Brown New member | Level 2
    robobooga Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?