cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access token expiration

Access token expiration

filipjakov
New member | Level 2

I have some app that upload audio recording to my dropbox. And it works good. I made it 1 year ago. Now, I try to make a new one with the same comand lines and there is some problem. New dropbox acc have some new features like "Permission type - Scoped App" and I think that is the problem. When I make app on https://www.dropbox.com/developers/apps/create , there is new feature "scoped app" and I dont have other option then selecting that. After that I need to generate token to put in my app, and after I do that, my app works good. But after some time I got error that the token is expiried. I set the option for token that it need to be "no expiration" and it is the same problem...
Access token expiration setting is set to "no expiration"...

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

1 Reply 1

Re: Access token expiration

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

Dropbox does now only offer the ability to create "scoped" apps, but scoped apps offer access to all of the same functionality as legacy non-scoped apps, and you can enable/disable access to functionality at a more granular level. (In your screenshot, you have all of those scopes enabled, which likely isn't needed for your app. You may want to disable the ones you don't need. You can find more information in this blog post.)

Additionally, the Dropbox API now offers short-lived access tokens. Note that switching "Access token expiration" to "No expiration" does not retroactively change existing access tokens though. If you need a long-lived access token, you'll need to get a new one after you switch that to "No expiration".

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?