cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add folder member rate_limit

Add folder member rate_limit

BIMcollab
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi,

I was testing the ammount of invitations that a user can send (Add_folder_member api call) and reached it around ~350-400 for 24 hours. I could not find any concrete limits documented, so am I wondering how much is it. Furthermore, on another ticket relating to this limit I read that it is possible that some of the people you are sharing with are reporting the email as being spam/unwanted (either intentionally or not) and this can influence the rate_limit as well.

So my second question would be - do bounced mails also trigger the limit and would changing the API call parameter to quiet=true make sure that the rate_limit isn't hit earlier if a mail is sent a few times to the same email address?

Thank you in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

There is a 'rate_limit' error on the /2/sharing/add_folder_member endpoint, but we don't have a specific number documented. 

I also can't promise if bounced emails are or aren't a factor in this. Since that's not documented, it's subject to change anyway.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

There is a 'rate_limit' error on the /2/sharing/add_folder_member endpoint, but we don't have a specific number documented. 

I also can't promise if bounced emails are or aren't a factor in this. Since that's not documented, it's subject to change anyway.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?