Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Authorization process issues on certain laptops

Explorer | Level 4

I am testing a product that requires individual users to set up and authorize a drop box acct for file storage.  However, several users have reported issues with the authorization process - the "Finished" & "Cancel" buttons do not display on the last page of the authorization process.  After further research, I found that this occurs with computers that provide a default screen resolution of 1366x768 (e.g., levono).  I have tried all other screen resolutions on these computers and in each case it seems that the last screen does not size correctly to display the buttons (so the user cannot complete authorization for the drop box acct) - very frustrating because this is the last step in a long set up process.  Any ideas on how this issue can be addressed?  Thanks in advance.

10 Replies 10
Highlighted

Re: Authorization process issues on certain laptops

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the report! To clarify, are the buttons not visible at all, or are they just below the intial view, and require the use to scroll down? Also, if you can provide a screenshot showing the issue, that would be helpful. Thanks in advance! 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

The buttons do not display and no scroll bar is available.  getting screenshot.  Thanks!

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

screenshot

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

It looks like your screenshot didn't work. Can you try again? (You can post a Dropbox shared link if you'd like.) Thanks!

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks! The page in your screenshot actually appears to be the OAuth 1 app authorization success page, that is, displayed after the user does click "Allow". This page isn't supposed to have any buttons, because there's nothing further the user needs to do there. The URL should be:

https://www.dropbox.com/1/oauth/authorize_submit

This is the point in the process at which the user should return to the app and the API app should call back to /1/oauth/access_token to exchange the request token for an access token.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Ok.  Thanks for the response.  However, I am a bit confused...  some computers display the buttons and some do not.  In the cases where they do not the Dropbox acct is not authorized when the user returns to our app (they have to kill the screen via <ALT><F4> to close it)...  In the cases where the buttons are displayed, the user clicks 'Finished' and all is good.  Here is a screenshot from a computer where the buttons display on that screen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rw52ybblmwbni0s/Image_2.png?dl=0

BTW - I was not able to access the link in your previous response.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I see, the buttons you're referring to are part of that browser control itself, not the Dropbox web site. What library or SDK are you using? The browser control may work differently on different systems.

Also, apologies for the confusion, I was just mentioning the URL of that page for reference. It's part of the app authorization flow as a result of a POST for the app authorization. You can't navigate directly to it.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Thank you.  I passed your questions along to our development staff - will get back to you.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?