cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically Generate File Requests

Automatically Generate File Requests

bretsiefert
New member | Level 2

Is it possible to have file request URL's automatically generated upon some event trigger elsewhere?

My Woocommerce Wordpress website generates orders for my clients when they pay.  Is it possible to automatically have a file request generated and pasted into every order that is generated?

Would the platform matter?  For instance, maybe it couldn't be done on the website order but could it be done in Trello or somewhere else?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The Dropbox API does offer the ability to programmatically generate file requests, via the /2/file_requests/create endpoint.

This isn't restricted to any particular platform(s). You can make Dropbox API calls anywhere you can perform HTTPS requests. I can't offer guidance for Woocommerce/Wordpress/Trello in particular though, as those are made by third parties, so you should refer to the documentation for those for information on what capabilities they offer.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?