cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: BUG: rendering PDF with ?raw=1 not showing in Chrome & Safari

BUG: rendering PDF with ?raw=1 not showing in Chrome & Safari

De L.1
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

To my surprise I noticed that it isn't possible to embed shared files anymore by using the ?raw=1 parameters as discussed in the Dropbox Help Center.

For instance, I am not able to see the following file anymore in Chrome 56.0.2924.87 or 57.0.2987.98:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgauf66zeoi816i/___TEST___.pdf?raw=1

The Errors that are being thrown by Chrome:

1. Unrecognized Content-Security-Policy directive 'referrer'.
  2. Failed to load 'https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/content_link/..../file' as a plugin, because the frame into which the plugin is loading is sandboxed.

The issues currently doesn't seem to affect any other browsers like IE, Edge or FF. 
Update: Safari 10.0.3 (Mac Sierra) also seems to be affected

Are you are aware of this issue? And will it be solved?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
We've had our engineers working on this and the good news is the problem has been fixed. Please try again and you should find that this functionality works correctly.

Apologies for any inconvenience this caused.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

cduncan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am getting the same error and additional errors; all our PDF documents that are using the public Dropbox link are having this problem.

1. Failed to load 'https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/{REMOVED}.pdf' as a plugin, because the frame into which the plugin is loading is sandboxed.
  2. Uncaught DOMException: Failed to read the 'cookie' property from 'Document': The document is sandboxed and lacks the 'allow-same-origin' flag.
    at getScrollPos (chrome-extension://klbibkeccnjlkjkiokjodocebajanakg/js/contentscript.js:86:32)
    at init (chrome-extension://klbibkeccnjlkjkiokjodocebajanakg/js/contentscript.js:49:21)
    at chrome-extension://klbibkeccnjlkjkiokjodocebajanakg/js/contentscript.js:268:13

I'm currently using Chrome 56.0.2924.87

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the reports! We're looking into it. I'll follow up here once I have an update.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
We've had our engineers working on this and the good news is the problem has been fixed. Please try again and you should find that this functionality works correctly.

Apologies for any inconvenience this caused.

De L.1
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Thanks for your reply, the issue seems to be fixed here!

cduncan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same for me, issue resolved!!

jdbrown
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

We are having issues opening ?raw=1 links in Chrome.

This was working fine up until today.

If I copy the link to the file, then change ?dl=1 to ?raw=1 and copy & paste it into my navigation bar, it continuously loads the file, but never succeeds in rendering it. I asked another person in our office to test this and they can recreate this 100% of the time just like me.

jdbrown
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It works in Safari and Firefox, just not in Chrome anymore.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@jdbrown It looks like this may be an issue with Chrome. With what version(s) of Chrome are you seeing this issue?

I was able to reproduce the issue with Chrome 61.0.3163.100, but it works again for me in Chrome 62.0.3202.75, so it looks like it may already be fixed in new versions.

jdbrown
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yea, I probably should have included the version string in my first post, sorry.

Chrome version: Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Need more support?