cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bad configurated app error using Android SDK

Bad configurated app error using Android SDK

UnbarredStream
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

My app was working fine for the last 6 months or so, but just now my users are receiving the "This app wasn't configures correctly", the dropbox api was changed o it's down?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks! That's helpful. Did you make any changes to your app's configuration on the App Console recently, perhaps accidentally?

Specifically, please check that your have "Allow implicit grant" set to "Allow" on the app's page on the App Console, since you do need that for the app authorization flow used by the Java SDK. If it's set to "Disallow", switch it to "Allow" and try again, and let me know if that doesn't help.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'll be happy to help with any issues you're having with the Dropbox API, but I'll need some more information. Please reply with:

• the full and exact text of the error/any unexpected output; a screenshot is ok if that's easier
  • the steps to reproduce the proble, including the relevant code snippet(s) that are failing

UnbarredStream
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Dropbox activity
Dropbox Activity error

Browser error
Browser error
My app was working fine for the las couple of months, and its easy to implement Dropbox in Android so i dont understand why the error

For start login:

Auth.startOAuth2Authentication(context, <App key>)

and in manifest:

<activity
            android:name="com.dropbox.core.android.AuthActivity"
            android:configChanges="orientation|keyboard"
            android:launchMode="singleTask">
            <intent-filter>
                <data android:scheme="db-<App key>"/>

<action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW"/>

<category android:name="android.intent.category.BROWSABLE"/>
                <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT"/>
            </intent-filter>
</activity>

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks! That's helpful. Did you make any changes to your app's configuration on the App Console recently, perhaps accidentally?

Specifically, please check that your have "Allow implicit grant" set to "Allow" on the app's page on the App Console, since you do need that for the app authorization flow used by the Java SDK. If it's set to "Disallow", switch it to "Allow" and try again, and let me know if that doesn't help.

UnbarredStream
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

oh thanks, it worked, but it's strange, i did't made any changes to the console before the error, i did't enter to console for almost a month

Need more support?