cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to get a file's URL

Best way to get a file's URL

Not applicable
Go to solution

I am making an iOS app that displays all of the images from a selected folder. To make caching the images easier and more efficient I'm using the SDWebImage Library. SDWebImage requires a URL and I'm currently using the getTemporaryLink function to get a link for each image in the folder. Is there a better way to get a URL? I'm concerned that the links expiring will cause issues. 

24 Replies 24

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@rahlpanchal Pash237 shared an example of using the getTemporaryLink method. Is that not what you're looking for? If not, please feel free to open a new thread with the details of your question.

iCodes
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello Greg i have the same problem with this error : "{"Value should match pattern '\\A(?:(/(.|[\\r\\n])*|id:.*)|(rev:[0-9a-f]{9,})|(ns:[0-9]+(/.*)?))\\z'\r\nParameter name: path"}"

heres my code:

try
{
       var result = await dbx.Sharing.CreateSharedLinkWithSettingsAsync(@"E:/Dropbox/iCodesStorageDropbox/H11018304_MMCH/CF1-         TR18-0000005-121212-JOSESAPANZAAMIDO.enc", null);
       var url = result.Url;
       MessageBox.Show(url);
}
catch(Exception ex)
{
        MessageBox.Show(ex.ToString());
}

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@iCodes I see you also opened another thread for this so I'll follow up there:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/API-Support-Feedback/HELP/m-p/283564#M17366 

lenner90
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

can i get the temporary link of the whole folder not just the file.

my convern is I am geting multiple image from dropbox , it take time to get temporary link one by one.

or any better solution?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@lenner90 No, unfortunately it's not possible to get a temporary link for a folder itself, or for multiple files in bulk, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    lenner90 Explorer | Level 3
    iCodes Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?