cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Teams/Groups is this possible?

Business Teams/Groups is this possible?

Sensator
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm trying to wrap my head around the documentation but it is quite confusing, so I would appreciate if someone who is stuck in to the API already and knows its limitations could answer.

Q: Is it possible to be able to add a member to a Group; then in that member's Dropbox accept the shares, make a new folder, and move the newly accepted shares into that newly created folder?

The python SDK is really not very clear, perhaps I should switch to Java or something.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It sounds like everything you're looking for is possible. One note though: if by "group" you do mean a Business team group, you don't need to explicitly accept that group in the account after it's added. You may be thinking of shared folders, which you do need to explicitly add.

So, to be specific:

Be sure to review the "Member file access" documentation for information on how to make user-level calls if you're using a Business app:

The following guides may also be helpful:

By the way, the SDKs are all built from the same spec, so they don't offer substantially different functionality.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It sounds like everything you're looking for is possible. One note though: if by "group" you do mean a Business team group, you don't need to explicitly accept that group in the account after it's added. You may be thinking of shared folders, which you do need to explicitly add.

So, to be specific:

Be sure to review the "Member file access" documentation for information on how to make user-level calls if you're using a Business app:

The following guides may also be helpful:

By the way, the SDKs are all built from the same spec, so they don't offer substantially different functionality.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?