cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download file from a password protected shared folder - 'shared_link_access_denied'

Can't download file from a password protected shared folder - 'shared_link_access_denied'

Teebob
Explorer | Level 4

Hi

I'm trying to download a file with API from a subfolder of a password protected shared folder using the 'get_shared_link_file' function and but I'm receiving: 'shared_link_access_denied'.

I am providing the shared folder's password and the password is correct as I can access the folder and its subfolders and download the file if accessing via browser.

Example of the 'get_shared_link_file' parameters that I'm sending in the request:

"url":"https://www.dropbox.com/sh/blablabla?dl=0"
"path":"/PATH/TO/FILE/file.pdf"
"link_password":"password"

I have also tried the Dropbox API Explorer and the result is the same: 'shared_link_access_denied'.

What could be the problem?

8 Replies 8

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for reporting this! This is a bug on our side. We're looking into it.

Gamabit
New member | Level 2

Hi @Greg K.

Is there maybe any progress on this one? We have a lot of troubless because of files not being returned properly...

Thank you

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Gamabit No, unfortunately I don't have any news on this. I'll follow up here as soon as I do.

Gamabit
New member | Level 2

Hi @Greg-DB

Any news maybe?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Gamabit No, unfortunately I don't have any news on this yet.

johntrenwith
New member | Level 2

Hi @Greg K.

Has there been any progress with fixing this bug? I'd hoped to automate the download of a shared file using the Dropbox API but I'm also getting the 'shared_link_access_denied' error even though the password is correct. Is there any chance of escalating this?

Thank you

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@johntrenwith This is still open with engineering, though I still don't have an update on it yet. I'll bring this up with them again.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

This issue with calling get_shared_link_file with a password is now fixed and should be working properly.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused, and thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    johntrenwith New member | Level 2
    Gamabit New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?