cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect my mobile app to Dropbox API

Cannot connect my mobile app to Dropbox API

Deeplight
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm developing an Android app that want to connect to Dropbox to allow user to upload some documents. I use the Dropbox SDK (version 5.0.0) here : https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-java

Currently I'm stuck at the authorization process, when I call this function : 

Auth.startOAuth2Authentication(activity , dropbox_key);

I'm connecting to the Dropbox app installed on the device, and when i click on the "authorize" button, the app displays an error : 

This app has reached its user limit.
Contact the app developer and ask them to use the Dropbox API App Console to increase their app's user limit.

Except that the app has just been created in the Dropbox console and i'm connecting only one user for the test.

If I try outside of the Dropbox app (using web navigator) the authentication flow ends with an error 500 page.

I've checked the app key and secret, they are correct, and the configuration in the Dropbox Console has been finished.

I also tested with previous versions of the SDK, same error.

I'm out of solutions, am I missing something ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deeplight
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I've found the solution finally : in the Dropbox console i haven't enabled more users in the "Development users" section. Now it works well.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Deeplight
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I've found the solution finally : in the Dropbox console i haven't enabled more users in the "Development users" section. Now it works well.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

[Cross-linking for reference: https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-java/issues/353 ]

Thanks for following up. I'm glad to hear you already got this working. For reference, you can find more information on how the user limit works here.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Deeplight Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?