cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Change the storage path of a Scoped App?

Change the storage path of a Scoped App?

JonK
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Is it possible to change/move the location of a scoped app? Ideally, I would like it to be team accessible in one of our shared folders (Team and shared)

I tried manually moving the directory (thinking the directory has a unique ID), but got an error saying something like "cannot move a shared folder into a shared folder".

Looking at the developer guide it does not look promising"A dedicated folder named after your app is created within the Apps folder of a user's Dropbox.", but I thought I should ask.

tldr; Can I select where to put my scoped app's files?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It sounds like you're referring to an app with "app folder" access (as opposed to "full Dropbox").

You can move an app folder in your account, but unfortunately currently app folders are incompatible with shared/team folders, meaning you can't share an app folder, put a shared/team folder inside an app folder or put an app folder in a shared/team folder. So you can move an app folder, but only to non-shared locations.

Instead, if you need to use the API with shared/team folders, you'll need to use "full Dropbox" access, as opposed to the app folder access type. It's not possible to change the access type on an existing app, but you can register a new one here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It sounds like you're referring to an app with "app folder" access (as opposed to "full Dropbox").

You can move an app folder in your account, but unfortunately currently app folders are incompatible with shared/team folders, meaning you can't share an app folder, put a shared/team folder inside an app folder or put an app folder in a shared/team folder. So you can move an app folder, but only to non-shared locations.

Instead, if you need to use the API with shared/team folders, you'll need to use "full Dropbox" access, as opposed to the app folder access type. It's not possible to change the access type on an existing app, but you can register a new one here.

JonK
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

That's exactly what I want to do, and that was what I feared. 

Thanks for the swift reply. I'm marking it as solved, and hoping it will be possible in the future.

Need more support?